The Office of Innovation & Technology (OIT) is the central IT agency for the City of Philadelphia headed by the Chief Information Officer. The End-User Services unit is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of IT Service Management (ITSM) functions OIT. ITSM is the process-focused management of IT services to provide the best quality of service in a customer-centric, cost-justified, and efficient way. The position of Technical Support Specialist serves as the main point of contact between the IT Services and the users of these services to resolve and or diagnose as many problems as possible at this level.
- Receive incident and information request calls from the customers for IT services, and service that call either by resolving on point of contact, or passing the call to the most appropriate person for resolution.
- Keep customers informed of the progress of their queries.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems.
- Advanced knowledge of current Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and other server applications.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and server hardware.
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting.
- Work independently and as a team member within established policies and procedures.
- Work within standard documented procedures.
- Meet commitments.
- Solicit customer feedback to help improve services.
- Provides resolution for escalated service tickets
- Works with clients to evaluate and solve technical problems
- Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes
- Configures and supports internal and/or external networks
- Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Troubleshoots network performance
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Principles of quality assurance, performance monitoring and the ways in which a commitment to a customer focus can be practically demonstrated.
- Principles of equality and the ways in which they can be demonstrated in every aspect of the Unit’s work.
- Principles of ITIL Service Management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- To Apply go to: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CityofPhiladelphia/743999697804535-senior-technical-support-specialist
- High School Diploma, GED, or other equivalent.
- One or more of the following certifications: MCSE, CCNP, VCAP
- Knowledge of PC hardware & A+certified
- Minimum 3 year experience in a Help Desk environment
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
The successful candidate must reside in the City of Philadelphia or establish primary residence in the City of Philadelphia within 6 months of employment.